As usual this is the time for making resolutions. This is also the time when I worry about how many resolutions I will be able to keep. But let’s anyways make some. So here are 5 resolutions, good number and easy to remember and hopefully easy to keep as well.
I’m also sending a wish to the universe to help me fullfill my resolutions.
1) Embrace Vegetarianism: I want to feel what it is like to be without non-vegetarian food for a substantial amount of time- May be a month, may be a year. A long time back I read that it takes only 21 days for something to become a habit. So my first stop is 20 days from now. And yes, eat less.
2) Minimalist and clutter free living: I have lots of things, a lot of them I have never used in years. I want to remove all this clutter from my house, my desk and my life.
3) Higher, faster and stronger: The highest I have climbed is 4500 mts above sea level. The fastest half marathon and full marathon that I have done is 1.47 and 4.49 respectively. I need to be stronger as I have aches and pain everywhere . Can 2014 be different?
4) Start something new and stick on to it for the next 10 years.
5) Learn to play guitar: Yes this is what every middle aged man like me wants to do. But the thing is that I bought a guitar 7 years back and never managed to learn it. The sad part is that I never even tried. This should change in 2014.
So no big deal, 5 things to remember and do this year and year after. Let’s see how it all turns out.