Even though I would happily trade places- I want to get everything that I want and not learn anything in the process. Because if the true sense of the world is Maya or illusion than how does it matter if I eject out of this world a learned man or not.
But life is not fair- I got learning instead.
1) There are whole range of things available from philosophy or religion to spirituality to deal with precisely this situation. My personal favorite are Osho quotes is
“This is what enlightenment is all about – a deep understanding that there is no problem. Then, with no problem to solve, what will you do? Immediately you start living. You will eat, you will sleep, you will love, you will work, you will have a chit-chat, you will sing, you will dance – what else is there to do?”
2) You discover poetry- I again went to read Pablo Naruda . Its almost like he had predicted that this is going to happen in my life and had pre-written this poem. Good going mate. Naruda has these lines from his poem ” If you forget me” that really lifts my mood.
If you think it long and mad,
the wind of banners
that passes through my life,
and you decide
to leave me at the shore
of the heart where I have roots,
that on that day,
at that hour,
I shall lift my arms
and my roots will set off
to seek another land.
The whole poem is actually quite beautiful. I have selectively lifted it to suit my purpose. You can read the full text at http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/if-you-forget-me/
3) I love my friends: If there is someone ( other than your parents if you are lucky) who loves you un-conditionally they are your friends- you can cry, talk, sob, laugh, get drunk and repeat the same mistake 10 times and they will not judge you. They might get violent though :).
4) All is well Vs doom and gloom: Everyone tells you ” All is well- Have faith” – and you say- are you mad. Your whole body says ” doom and gloom” and everyone says ” all is well”. You don’t know what to believe. Believing in “doom and gloom” makes me sad so I have decided to believe ” All is well and will be well”.
5) Writing a blog always helps: As it is helping me now.